Wednesday, January 29, 2014

You have Island roots when...

...your Dad installs a magical, Princessy canopy around your bed and you dreamily say...

Melaia, 8, reading Avatar in her dreamy bed. Yep! #IslandGirl!


It wasn't the reaction that I was expecting when she tested out her new bed that she had been dreaming about for months.

I felt a whole lot of Island pride as I immediately thought about my Mother telling me how she slept with a mosquito net growing up. Mosquitoes. That's a whole other blog post right there. 

For now, my #IslandGirl has zero concerns looking forward to the summer months ahead. In the meantime, her canopy seems to provide many other uses that you'll need to put your creative-cap on to fully imagine and appreciate.

Good-night, Sleep tight,
Don't let the mosquitoes bite!

Sweet dreams,

daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment